Monday 23 July 2007

The Voice of the White House - 19 July 2007

At least there is one person in the White House that is a normal human being! Unfortunately I think this person is a rather junior staffer.

This is such a lovely place to work. Packs of sweating and desperate Republican Congressmen coming in and out, trying to talk to Bush and get him to at least make some kind of promise (of course never to be kept) about withdrawing or at least to stop snarling at people. Pointless. Bush is constantly in a rage here and yesterday, I had to deliver something to the West Wing. After I had dropped of my files and was heading back to my office, someone opened a door and I could hear, very clearly, Our Beloved President screaming with rage. He said, and I quote: “Goddamit! I said to quit bugging me about Iraq! I will never withdraw a single man from there and when I leave here for good, my successor can handle it.” My associates say he has been shouting at everyone here about this and it is interesting to watch him. His eyes squinch shut, his mouth turns down and he shakes all over. And his face gets white as flour and all kinds of blotches can be seen on it. Not a nice sight and rather frightening considering who he is (and who he thinks he is) and what he can do, even with his nuts chopped off. The Democrats are pussy-futting around, enraging the electorate who elected them to stop the crazy Bush from further manic bloodshed. Recruitment has tanked, the Surge is a total flop, Republicans are hysterical with fear and about 30% of the staff has quit the Monkey Palace with more desertions planned. I still think the only thing to do is to impeach both Bush and Cheney but the Democrats are too frightened and too busy looking for more lobbyist money to be worth more than a pinch of sour owl shit.

Full story...